Monday, December 11, 2017

Blue Eyes & Not Just a Paint Job



































I got a phone call the other day from a really nice lady. Habitat had planned on paying for her house to be painted the previous summer and then the good weather got away from us. It nearly did this summer too. We did manage it though and she was so grateful. I am guessing her home is over 100 years old and another not for profit ahead of us had installed new windows. It was during that window install that I met Arlene. She was super sweet & running the show from her kitchen table. See, Arlene can't get around too well, but she is as sharp as a tack. She isn't quite as old as her house but I imagine kinda close.

Chris, her contractor was finishing up some pretty fancy trim around the outside of those windows & he popped in to sign some paper work. It was right about then that Arlene mentioned his pretty blue sexy eyes. I didn't disagree with her and I was super proud of her in that minute managing to embarrass a grown man contractor. You go girl!

Recently we stopped in to see her freshly painted house and she asked me if I could print the photo I had taken of it for her. The point of the photo was for some social media bragging but I could see her point. It's not like she can just wander out her door and look at her paint anytime she wants since she's in a wheel chair. It sounds like it's the talk of the neighborhood as the house has always been white. Quite glad to give this house a fresh coat of paint to help it last and give a nice old lady some bragging rights! She might have also fallen in love with the head painter too, but that's another story. Didn't disagree with her on that one either.


1 comment:

  1. Awesome! Love that beautiful frame...blue like someone's eyes perhaps? So happy you made her happy!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Come on. Leave me one. They make me smile!