Thursday, December 28, 2017

Be Your Own Holiday Magic

Goodness, it's that weird week between Christmas and New Year...and somehow I get to sneak turning 44 in there too. Good thing we're taking the break week seriously around these parts. Pratt Inc. has been on maintenance mode for the past couple of days. That means we're doing the laundry, dishes and basically chilling!

The stockings were hung, filled slowly over the month of December, and then opened in about ten minutes after my parents left on Christmas Day. The 'Rents went home to massive amounts of snow and with a new Christmas kitty to play with. They live in the lake affect snow area. Here we live in the brown grass with a dusting of snow area. Needless to say, the new kitten will not be going outside. They'd lose him under all that snow!

I always wonder every year if I should bother with stockings, but then all the little stuff makes everyone laugh so I think they secretly like them. Even if I stuff my own and stay things like WOW, I love these petaloo flowers, how ever did you know what color I'd want?



Back on the topic of the new kitty, Hawkeye is already proving to be a big part of their family and I'm glad we played a roll in getting the little bugger. He has taken over my Dad's chair which is mightly ballsy of him, but I think that's how he rolls. Likely he did a quick assessment of sleeping on the floor in front of the wood stove or on a chair and came up with the best option. Added bonus is a human sitting down and then he gets a pet at the same time.

As far as the magic of Christmas goes, we're pretty terrible at the holiday here at Pratt Inc. I'm not sure why, but it's probably because we're supposed to do all these things. All these things aren't things we wanna do so we kinda rebel and do it our way. Our way meant the kids got a budget, researched computer components and built their own machines the week after Thanksgiving for their present. That whole thing really cut down on the wrapping. I also just sent the last Christmas card yesterday. I seriously have a low opinion of Christmas stress having spent many years having it.



Well, I'm off to brave the frigid temps and retrive my erosion bundle. It's time to see what all our rain did to the dye I added and the paper. Wish me luck. Hopefully it's not just a hot (cold?) mess of ick. I'll probably be back tomorrow with how it turned out!

Happy Thursday!




2 comments:

  1. I wonder what you'll find when you open that bundle? Can't wait to find out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So... I cannot believe how long it's been since I really spent some time here. Yeah... I'm gonna try to be better at Christmas next year.. well, this year now... and I still have plans of some more packages going out... christmas... birthday... maybe a little of both. Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday!! Did you spend your prize yet from the 12 Tags?? I want to see what you got!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Come on. Leave me one. They make me smile!