Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Erosion Bundling Collaboration





































Just heard about this new thing the other day called Erosion Bundling. I don't normally associate erosion with a good thing, but in this case it's using the weather (or soil) to help age or distress paper or other items over a period of time. Mine is hanging out in a hanging plant until January. Well, the flower pot will actually come in the house with the plant in it, so I'll have to reposition the bundle at some point in the fall. I'd bury one too, but I am slightly against digging in the winter due to the possibility of snow, ice, or a seriously frozen ground. In January, I'll open my bundle and participate in an arist collaboration! Something to look forward to later!





































I checked out a couple of posts where they added actual food or fruit peels, etc. I had already opted to ink up some seam binding and add some sumac to my collection of random papers, etc. as the fruits have the ability to dye items a rich purple/red. I considered adding food, but then I didn't want to encourage the chipmunks to further distress my bundle. I'm really hoping to open up a colorful & distressed bundle, but we'll see!

I'll be back after Christmas! Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow! This sounds so cool!! Definitely want to try this... love the thought of adding the colorful sumac.... wheels are turning!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Come on. Leave me one. They make me smile!