Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Book Ends & a Vintage Shelf



























I knew I wanted a shelf in the laundry room. I have been scouring work for the perfect one. Figured that eventually I'd just have to make one since nothing really had turned up. I happened to be walking through the store when this piece of shelf was on it's way to the junk pile. It's vintage, oak and has that cute little curve in the front. Figured I'd make it work. THE MAN was a bit less impressed....





































I showed him the really cool metal pieces on the side and he was a little more convinced. Sunday morning when we were waiting around for the driveway guys, we started by cutting the shelf in half. It was way too big for the space the way it was and since it was already destined for the junk pile...if it didn't work, not a big deal.





































Due to much prior experience cutting in straight lines, THE MAN did the cutting. I did all the finish nailing after he was done as we had to rebuild the bottom. I did a quick sand & clean. We then came up with attaching book ends at the very bottom to create a good place for attaching to the wall. A very light coat of clear and it was ready to install.





































Isn't it cute? I really love it!!! And I can't imagine the book ends cost me more than a couple of dollars...so pretty much almost free!

Happy Tuesday!

3 comments:

  1. I love it. You and your husband did a great job on the shelf.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a cool shelf! I love things that you put other things in or on... awesome when they are a piece of art themselves...

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Come on. Leave me one. They make me smile!