Wednesday, April 12, 2017

The Glass has Class





































As always when pairing two objects that weren't originally designed together, you always wonder if they will really go. That's how I was feeling when I was waiting to put this lampshade frame together with the base. A spray paint that is the same color as all of them of course helps pull things together, but I wasn't sure. With this in mind, I was extremely pleased when this pretty opal glass worked so well in the shade and the shade worked so well on the base!





































I was then doing a happy dance with the new floor lamp worked so well in the space. I don't know if you can tell from this photo, but it's actually got four light bulbs and since a different switch turns the "candles" that circle the main bulb on, it required some special wiring by THE MAN. This was pretty cool since I hadn't ever taken a lamp like that apart.


Since my Mom was here this past weekend, she got to do the honors of fitting the glass she had picked out and cut in the lamp. I think she was pretty pleased how it turned out too. We had to do some special work on the very top of the shade to allow the base & the lamp finial to do it's job of holding the shade. Rock star work with the epoxy!

Loved having help with this project! Huge thanks to THE MAN and THE MOM for lending a hand!

Happy Hump Day, peeps!

3 comments:

  1. It does look wonderful.. I think the photos probably dont do it justice either...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks absolutely stunning! Great work!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Come on. Leave me one. They make me smile!