Tuesday, December 15, 2015

The Eleventh Punch Cup of Christmas for the Funkie Junkie Challenge



































I decided to go monochromatic with this cup and add a smidge of mixed media...and by monochromatic I mean I started with purple but then a little bit of blue somehow wandered off from some purple ink in the glitter glue and then there is the silver...so it was more of a thought process..

Anyhow, I digress....let me show you WHY I wanted to stick with one color! Linda over at The Funkie Junkie has that blue that just POPS! Her tag also has quite a bit of texture...


I really liked that crackle paste look so I dragged up some gesso and painted my cup. Wanted a bit of texture too, so wrapped it in a wet paper towel before it dried on the outside. 

I liked the translucent look it had as well so I just added a bit of clear spray and glitter to the inside so you could see through it. 

I used a snowflake which was the theme of Linda's tag and also I added a gem on the top of the bow for my ornament. I stash busted a bit too since that purple angel has been hanging out in the stuff for years, so long I'm not even quite sure where I acquired it..That dove was something I got at the second hand store and I nested her in some snow with some white beads. I hadn't wanted any other colors besides just purple but the ink ran, which makes it look like snow with a shadow and instead of fighting it...I embraced it and added a little of the same color to the branches. 


I'll leave you with one last little close up of the frosted key, the angel ornament, and those lovely flowers that I bought at Linda's.  Linda's Shop, The Funkie Junkie is sponsoring this challenge and I treated myself to a shopping spree during black Friday. They are Petaloo Vintage Velvet flowers and I LOVE them!

Happy Tuesday!


5 comments:

  1. I was breaking my eyeballs looking for the key...sneaky you!! That's SO pretty! Your monochromatic thought process turned out pretty well I think, despite the outcome that it happened to be, I love that you walk us through it. I'm so glad you decided to add in that purple. My face hurt from smiling..those flowers are sensational!!! Cup number 11 is beyond beautiful and still I'm sad that there's only one left. :( However, NOW we get to see them ALL on the tree for the finale???
    Wet paper towel for texture...cool idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow..11th just one left ! Loved the beautiful cluster with angel and purple :) Cool idea to create texture on outside :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angels and doves. PERFECT addition to your purple [ish] cup! Love that border of lace I can see on the outside, too:) Another gorgeous one for your collection. Hmmmnnnn.....maybe this is why you need 3 trees. Those cup need to 'star'. Might get lost with other dec's...... just a thought:):)!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is def a new fav.. Love the cameo of angels and the inside looks so pretty too.. Love this one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous color palette! The texture paste is a fantastic addition - love the lace border too. This cup just sings with joy! A wonderful addition to your collection!

    Hugs,
    inda

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Come on. Leave me one. They make me smile!