Thursday, July 24, 2014

New Digs Layout

































We have been spending LOTS and LOTS of time in the garage. Last weekend we spent both Saturday and Sunday out there. We had previously taken out a wall so it then made sense to also take out a door that was extra. THAT was the fun project.

Sunday we spent working on the service entrance. We replaced it as the original was fuse based.

All the REALLY fun stuff like furniture painting & whatnot happens in the garage so I am anxious to get it up and running. Of course THE MAN would really like to unpack since currently all of his stuff is on the trailer with a tarp under the carport.

Randomly the new owner of our old house wanted to buy all the work benches. Since they were built on wheels for moving as we intended to move them, we were a little taken aback. He managed to convince THE MAN that they needed to stay with some cash so the next project is to build more!


























I managed to scrounge a few things for my layout during the project. The new service entrance came with some paperwork and stickers that I used. I also took the logo off the front of the old one. It was cool with the red & the black, so based my color scheme off that.

The little metal hammer was a light pull that came with the new lights we installed. I have a TON of those and they are way too cool to throw a way.























Just a little sideview. I was going for really grungy so when I accidentally stuck my fingers in the black ink and it smeared, I was happy! More grunge!

Happy Thursday! May it speed quickly along so we can get to the fun stuff! THE WEEKEND!

Hugs!

5 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see all of your new creations, both on the house/garage, and also the scrappy type.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous layout. I love how you have use the panel board PP and the cutler hammer sign is a real treasure. Love all the bits and bods that add to your layout to make it special
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. What the heck happened to me? I was here yesterday and read both of your posts and yet I obviously thought out my comments in my head and kept them to myself as I seem to have forgotten to actually leave them here for you. I think I was just in a trance looking at the night time pictures of your house on the last post and then seeing the glorious textures of this post I lost all function! Take my muteness as a compliment...I am loving your posts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The writing around the page you're 'into' atm...love it.....the grungy look PERFECTION for a Cave LO....& I can almost feel your impatience...shame about the work benches, but I guess you get to 'customise' new ones for the space......have FUN on the weekend!!!!
    BTW...sequin waste...LOOOOOVE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The writing around the page you're 'into' atm...love it.....the grungy look PERFECTION for a Cave LO....& I can almost feel your impatience...shame about the work benches, but I guess you get to 'customise' new ones for the space......have FUN on the weekend!!!!
    BTW...sequin waste...LOOOOOVE!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Come on. Leave me one. They make me smile!