Wednesday, January 16, 2013

NY New York Page for Miracles Momma Designs

Ohhh what fun a new kit and a new sketch is! Just got my Days of Our Lives Scraptastic Kit in the mail from Jessica and it's the bomb!

And check out the new sketch Heather made who blogs over at Miracles Momma Designs!



She also designs the stamps for Scraptastic. I tell you she will be famous some day.


Here is a close up of my journaling. I printed it out on regular printer paper first and then lined up my journaling card with just a smidge of adhesive. I like how it turned out a lot!


























I really wanted to capture what Luke said to me and this big card was the perfect spot. I want to remember him feeling like Garfield!


And here is a close up of that really cool die cut that was in the kit, the flower I made, and all those fun banners that Heather had on her sketch! LOVE IT!!!


And, here is another close up of my handmade blooms. I love making these. Leave me a comment if you want me to do a tutorial. I had one I used way back in the day so I might be able to dig up that link too. 


And, I betcha the kids will remember this roller coaster for years! I know THE MAN will. He was not impressed with it! Was shaking his head when he got off. Think it was a bit over the top. We are not spring chickens anymore. ;-)

And I'm glad I made a page about it. If you look above, you might guess how terrible the photo was. It was taken in a very dark area with just a cell phone. Had to tweak it a bit to make it slightly better. But still, sometimes a page is not about the perfect picture. Sometimes you just have to write about Garfield!

Happy Hump Day! Have some lasagna!

6 comments:

  1. Love this page, and I agree Garfield is important. The flower is yummy. Trying to see just how you made it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loveeeeeeee this! LOVING the colors and the way you journaled!! And cuz it's NYC!! *wink* :) And we don't get to buy anything at CHA -- it's just the manufacturers showing off their new goodies!! There are some make-n-takes where you can make some cute stuff with the new goodies (like the box I made for Brookie) -- but no buying! LOL! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOO sometimes it is not about the perfect photo, it is about the memories.. and this looks like a fabulous family one!! love that groovy sketch, love your take on it.. fabulousousness!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE it....& that 'cut out' or whatever they're called...how perfect is that for your page? I really like that sketch, too....no time - just back from 4 days at the beach where they had a cooool breeze. Feels like a distant memory in this humidity up here, already.... your melting friend....

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful page! Love the fresh modern feel and that cute convo!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful page!! I'm still waiting for my kit, love Jessica's kits!
    Love the flowers!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Come on. Leave me one. They make me smile!