Friday, June 15, 2012

Zeus & Zoe Mixed Media Challenge


Marivic was crazy enough to let me set a challenge over at Zeus & Zoe

It is our first EVER!!!!

So, you must stop over there and check it out for me! AND of course play along.

Here is a copy of my post:  


Greetings!

I am posting this from the sleepy town of Potsdam NY. We are considered "Upstate" which means I live in the middle of nowhere yet upstate from New York City!

Anyhow, I love my little town and when Marivic (proud owner of the Zeus & Zoe) asked me to post our first ever challenge, I thought I'd like to share this vintage image with you.

It appears to be a graphic from an Art Studio located long ago here in Potsdam, NY.

I thought it would help me set up a challenge that would be fun.

Our challenge for June 15th:  Create a project that includes Mixed Media. You can drag out your mists, glitter, paint, fabric, markers, inks and anything else to create something amazing. Please gather inspiration from this image when you are creating your project. You don't have to USE the image, but certainly can if that tickles your artistic spirit.

The Zeus & Zoe kits are designed to have many vintage elements and lovely new papers to inspire you. You don't have to use a kit from Zeus & Zoe to play along. Although it might help you to be inspired!

Here is a page/photo flip book I created to go along with this challenge.

List of items used from the Zeus & Zoe Kit I had to work with:

Pink Paislee Mistable Parisian Paper 
Vintage Doily 
Vintage Daris White Iris Glitter
Silver Key
Pink Letters
Assorted Flowers and Lace
Green Shimmer Stick Pin



































Here is another photo so you can see what it looks like when I slide the little flip book out of the clear holder. That shimmery heart shaped doily came in my kit and I used the vintage glitter to make it shimmer.

This is also a good shot of that lovely knitted flower below.


























That flower was designed by Irini who makes Get Creative Embellishments and she has graciously offered us two of her flower packages to offer as a prize!


For the second prize winner, you can win these brass and metal skeleton keys from Zeus and Zoe Etsy Shop.



Our plan with our monthly challenges is to support other artists by promoting their hand make embellishments as well as our kits, so if you are interested in sponsoring, please let me know!

Make sure you take a quick peek at the rules over on the challenge site.

I'll be back next week to show you the inside of the book, talk about that crazy dragon fly I made, and tell you a bit more about the making of this page.

Happy Friday!!!

10 comments:

  1. WOW WOW WOW!!! I am loving your layout. So many cool details and the flowers of Irini are so gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome challenge! Love, love, love what you've done with this! Your lo is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic image!!! Couldn't take my eyes off the dragonflies. :) Another trend setting LO.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colors on your page! Your projects just get better and better Mitra!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super gorgeous layout and I love that pieces of vintage graphics. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is soooo vintage it's not funny...& I'm managing this on a random public computer in Vanuatu...but I REALLY wanted to check out what you'd done!!! It's heavenly! LOVE that 'poster-y' thing....bet the creator would never have suspected how it would be used in 2012!!!!!:):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG this is just amazzzing!! I love the crocheted doily pattern and the pins and the dragonfly and the flowers............ Got to dash, feel a booklet coming on and I have the perfect embellies for it too. LOL Thank you Mitra for my lovely goodies. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. There is so much to look at and love on this page, I'm not sure where to begin!! LOVE the background and all of the trinkets and pretties decorating this page!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow! Love the doiley background and those yummies! :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Come on. Leave me one. They make me smile!