Monday, June 4, 2012

Altered Lilac Treasure Box for Zeus & Zoe


This posted on Friday on the Zeus & Zoe blog and I thought I'd put it on my blog too, just in case you missed it. I can't wait to use up more material on another altered project! Next time, I promise, I'll take photos along the way by way of a tutorial!



Hey there out there in blog land!

I just wanted to pop over to the Z & Z blog and wish you happy a June!

I wish I had a before photo of this box. It came along with a kit that Marivic sent me in a Zeus and Zoe kit.

That lovely vintage postcard also came along and made me smile!

I love lilacs and an early warm spring with a cold snap made my lilac bush decide not to bloom!

So, it was like Marivic was reading my mind by adding that postcard to my kit!

Have I mentioned she sends happiness in the mail? ;-)

She also sent along some cream colored vintage muslin material which I thought would add a really cool texture to the top of my box.

It was pretty straight forward, I just used modge podge to glue it down and a Tim Holtz Dusty Concord Distress stain gave me me the purple color. Cutting it to fit only took a few minutes.

Here is a more angled view of this box. I should add that everything here with the exception of the feet, wooden molding, and the pink metal flourish are all from the kit.

The doilies, flower, metal leaf, flower and pink medallion were all included WITH the box I used.



Let me show you the inside which I did not alter.
























I am so happy with this box!

Thanks for a sweet as a Lilac kit of Goodness, Marivic!

Mitra

3 comments:

  1. HI.. oh wow! This looks amazing.. I love the colors you have used, and I wouldnt have touched the inside either it looks so pretty the way it is!! You are amazing how you create this wonderful things and give them a new and beautiful lease on life!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Besides the fact that anything you touch turns to gold or purple in this case, there's that molding again!!! LOL...love it! Fantastic remake. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that is a very gorgeous lilac box indeed - well done!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Come on. Leave me one. They make me smile!