Friday, March 23, 2012

RELAX Altered Board










I have been hoarding this board on my back porch for almost six months. It was aging through winter. Going for a nice natural weathered gray look. A friend handed it to me a while back after pulling it out of one of our local rivers here and said make something out of it.

At the time I was a bit perplexed.

This past weekend I walked passed it and I thought it needed to have the words "RELAX" on it. It was previously a paddle I think. Thinking of a warm sunny river and floating down in a canoe, this seemed to fit.

Modge podged on the title that I cut out on my Silhouette, added a bit of glimmermist here and there and a gesso/glimmermisted flower sun shape, and then went over the whole thing again with Shimmer Modge Podge.



























And, here is where I installed it. Over my spare room bed! It had these predrilled holes that made running  a bit of wire a breeze!


Hope you find some time today to RELAX, if not, the weekend is peeping it's head around the corner!

9 comments:

  1. RELAX board fits nicely into your guest room. Your "rents" need to get back soon to enjoy. Nice job, Mitra.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, the lamp the tutorial the wedding box and this...I have been in the bubble. Mitra, these are all amazing posts and I had the best time reading them. I really hoenstly thought you'd put something about heading up a certain creek without a......
    Hmmm, I think I need to find me a paddle now.
    I enjoyed the break I took visiting your blog. Thank you again for the wonderful package too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, i love this! Nice job. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent!! That room is coming along so nicely now :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect for above a bed! Great job!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is great! You'd pay a fortune in one of those trendy 'homeware' shops for it...do I spy a couple of lamps that were in the basement for a wee bit?????:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fabulous! you are so creative! It looks great on the wall there!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have to agree the Relax sign looks beautiful and worked perfectly above your head.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Come on. Leave me one. They make me smile!