Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Eve


Phew!

Successfully slid into Christmas! I always love Christmas Eve. We spend it just the four of us as my Mom and Dad run a Christmas Tree farm so they don't come 'til tomorrow morning. In fact, if you stop in tomorrow for a quick read, there will be a funny story about their farm that my Dad wrote.

I've got the Christmas Ham ready for baking tomorrow and potatoes all cooked.

And, as you can see, I couldn't leave the Santa Key well enough alone.

While out shopping last week with Kristy, she suggested I buy this open faced tray. It was actually for something else I wanted to frame, but then on the way home I found what I was looking for. So, I decided to make a "house" for my door using this tray.

My tray itself was bare wood, so I inked up the edge in black to match my appliances since this is hangnig in my kitchen for Christmas and used gesso to make the inside while. Glimmermist added some splashes of color here and there

Shirley had given me this little slatted box ages ago she picked up a auction and the top board was bit wobbly. It had made its way out the shop in hopes that THE MAN would find the urge to repair it. Well, I reclaimed it as it made the perfect backdrop for my little house. All I did was remove the slats, ink up the individual boards and spray them a bit with some glimmermist and then use hot glue to attach them all in a row. Love how it turned out. And I reused something!


A few more got used under as a "step" that then got covered with gesso, hot glue, and some glitter.


My little tree was rather easy to attach. I had found these glittery trees earlier this month in Walmart and a little bit of hot glue on one side melted all the needles easy and let it stick flat. I was rather surprised as I was trying to "part" the needles and run hot glue down.

Of course had to add some bling on the upper corner that is super fun.

They are Jolees pinecones, some of Shirley's eye lash ribbon, and a cool flower from The Mad Recycler.

Don't you just LOVE that folded sheet music? It's so pretty that flower.

If you don't mind, stop back here on December 30th. I am giving a few of Janessa's flowers away for my birthday! If I have time, I will even make a fancy box for them!

Have a very Merry Christmas tomorrow and God Bless!

Mitra

3 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to you and your family. I hope you have a lovely day. All the best. Love, Nadia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The flower made of folded sheet music is my favorite part! Such a pretty project!

    I hope you're having a very Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OHHHHH I bet Santa was thrilled to find the key there!!! :)
    A-DORABLE!!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Come on. Leave me one. They make me smile!