Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Once Upon A... Sketch Page & Luke's A First Page



Some days I just like a sketch! I know, sometimes I can't have one in my head bogging me down, other times they really make me happy. Anyhow, while blogging around lately, I have been trying to figure out ways to play along with Once Upon A....Sketch. It is a good one for sure. All about a memorable year. Now, I have done a page recently all about me where I talk about being happy with this year in particular. So, I really didn't want to redo that again. But, I got thinking about my son's new school year ahead of him.

Actually, his tears last night with dealing with a bully kinda spurred the thought along. So, I whipped up a page using his first day of school photo and some journaling to describe my worries, fears, and hopes for this year.

Here are my list of items used, including some little thanks next to them! Scrappy BFFS are the best.

White & Kraft Cardstock Base:  Close to My Heart
Blue Cardstock:  Stampin' Up
Green Paper:  K & Co. Wild Saffron Designer Paper
Black and White Thickers
Little Green Butterfly and black ribbon (thanks Tink!)
Green Flower Rub-on (thanks Helen)
Green Twine:  Purple Pumpkin
Tim Holtz Tape
Cardboard pieces:  Close to My Heart
Lace:  Stash from Marilyn
Little Alphas:  Cosmo Cricket

Alright, off to LINK up this page! Only Four Days left in this challenge!

14 comments:

  1. I'm all for incorporating more of your own handwriting, and green is also my favorite color, so how can I not like this page?!! Lovely page it is!
    Thanks for playing along with us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry that he is dealing with a bully :( this makes me so sad :( I love your lo though... i loveeeeeeeee the colors and the way you used the triangle with the 3rd on it! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like scrapping the real, the everyday. I'm sorry to hear about this bully ordeal. My best thoughts and prayers go your way. Your lo is wonderful. Love all the green. Tks. for playing along with us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks fabulous! love all the journalling done in your own hand.. it makes it more personal i think.. well done on the challenge..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mitra! How are you going?

    Its wonderful to see so much journalling! LOVE it. Read the whole thing and had a warm feeling inside. You are great at writing things out and its the best thing about scrapping I think! He looks so cute too with that umbrella.

    I think the bullying thing is very tough. I have seen it from a teachers point of view and I just know how it affects kids. Its hard. You need to tell him to ignore it, and to not react and to just keep on telling his teacher or you. But i do know how tough it is for parents. I hope all works out. Let us know how it goes. All the very best.

    Thanks so so much for playing along with us. Your continued support is always appreciated. Take good care, Nadia.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mitra! I love your journaling and thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! Your layout is beautiful!!!Thanks for playing along with us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the color scheme with the green and the blue and your super large title just pops and that page of journaling. Fantastic page.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mitra, you created such an awesome layout! Beautifully done!
    Thank you so much for participating ~Gerry~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry, me again. Thank you so much for your congrats on my new venture. It means a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful 3rd grade scrapbook page! What a fantastic picture and your handwriting is beautiful! Missed seeing you so I had to pop over and see what the very creative Mitralee was up to. So glad I did...
    I'm off to see more of your posts.
    Hugs to you,
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Mitra, Gorgeous Page
    Thanks for playing along at OUAS
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your layout is awesome and I absolutely LOVE your handwriting. It's so very pretty! I hope that you all are able to get the bullying issue resolved. Jordan had one last year and I had to go to the school for disciplinary action. This year they are friends. Go figure!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awwww, he will be fine! And what a super awesome page! Love your green color choice, and the cute photo too! This is just a great page. Thank you so much for playing along with us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your heartfelt journaling & you have the most awesome hand-writing! My kids deal with the very same issues at school & even as adults we still get bullied by people!! It's the haters out there :( Great take on the sketch - thanks for playing along at Once Upon a Sketch.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Come on. Leave me one. They make me smile!